People with the Id (Influencer) personality type tend to be energetic and adventurous, communicating with casual language, bold statements, and a focus on the big picture. They are likely to have an easy, relaxed, casual manner when speaking or interacting with others and enjoy the challenge of meeting new people.
DISC Type Id Personality Traits
With a position on the upper top right of the DISC, Influencers are typically known for their social skills, creativity, and charisma They can clearly and vividly appeal to others using an emotionally expressive and demonstrative style, often able to convince them to take action.
In summary, DISC type Id personalities tend to...
- Enjoy the challenge of meeting new people.
- Approach people and situations in an energetic, lively manner.
- Engage others with stories.
- Use charisma to bring people together, build rapport and share ideas.
- Discuss high-level ideas and future possibilities.
DISC Type Id Personality Strengths
Every personality archetype has strengths and blind spots, and these are often amplified in professional settings where we often encounter a diverse group of people with vastly different backgrounds and value systems.
Strengths typically associated with the DISC type Id personality include...
- Trusting intuition and ability to improvise.
- Using positive, enthusiastic verbalization when motivating others.
- Quickly spotting new opportunities for advancement.
- Solving problems by involving others in brainstorming and open discussion.
- Delegating responsibility to detailed tasks.
- Bringing energy and a sense of adventure to a team.
- Placing a high priority on personal interactions and relationships.
- Creating novel solutions to challenging problems.
DISC Type Id Personality Weaknessess
Weaknessess typically associated with the DISC type Id personality include...
- Having trouble following consistent, predictable routines.
- Failing to evaluate problems realistically due to optimistic expectations of people/situations.
- Pursuing too many new ideas or opportunities at once.
- Winning people over, even when they have a more logical argument.
- Trying to maintain too much control over results.
- Over-delegating the responsibility to follow through on details.
- Providing insufficient structure for people who need a defined approach to work.
- Having the inability to limit time spent interacting with people or in meetings.
DISC Type Id Personality Growth
Growth opportunities typically associated with the DISC type Id personality include...
- Hold yourself accountable to only meeting with others or continuing conversations for a certain amount of time by setting a reminder on your phone or computer.
- Make an effort to really hear and consider other people’s suggestions and ideas.
- Avoid being overly optimistic by involving someone who is more realistic when making major decisions.
- Try to follow a more consistent routine when working closely with others.
How DISC Type Id personalities like to work
Communicating with a DISC type Id personality
Use a casual, but assertive tone and describe things with enthusiasm and colorful language.
Meeting with a DISC type Id personality
Meetings should be in-person when possible, without a specific agenda.
Emailing a DISC type Id personality
Emails should be casual, brief, and include high-level information.
Giving feedback to a DISC type Id personality
Feedback should be focused on the high level and delivered with encouragement.
Resolving conflict with a DISC type Id personality
Conflict can be a powerful tool to discover new solutions and ideas, as long as people are comfortable with lively debate.
DISC Type Id Personality Motivations
When people experience pain, stress, or dissatisfaction, it can usually be attributed to energy-draining activities. Therefore, it’s important to know what kinds of activities energize each personality type and which activities drain them.
DISC Type Id personality types tend to be motivated and energized by...
- Looking for new opportunities without much guidance.
- Regularly interacting with a large, diverse group of people.
- Creating new relationships and winning people over.
- Bouncing and riffing between multiple ideas at once.
- Assigning detailed and analytical work to other people.
- Thinking on their feet and figuring things out as they go.
- Participating in group discussions and brainstorming sessions.
- Taking the time to understand how someone else thinks.
- Providing verbal encouragement and telling stories.
DISC Type Id Personality Stress
DISC Type Id personality types tend to be drained by...
- Presenting and analyzing all aspects of an important decision.
- Establishing consistent daily routines.
- Taking time to meditate on a problem before making a final decision.
- Inspecting and maintaining high quality results.
- Spending a lot of time to research the root causes of a problem.
- Frequently asking factual, clarifying questions.
- Providing one-on-one coaching and step-by-step instructions.
- Communicating primarily in writing.
- Minimizing risk with structure, redundancy, and analysis.
DISC Type Id Personality Careers
Influencers tend to thrive in environments where they can regularly meet new people and motivate their coworkers with creative ideas.
DISC Type Id personality types feel energized at work when...
- They are asked to be in charge of a brainstorming session.
- Their boss encourages them to share their ideas.
- Their peers are open-minded and optimistic.
- Their direct reports are able to make independent, creative decisions.
DISC Type Id personality types feel drained at work when...
- They have to follow a strict daily routine.
- Their boss expects them to have a perfect track-record of excellent results.
- Their peers spend too much time discussing the risks and benefits of a choice.
- Their direct reports need specific scheduling and thorough explanation
DISC Type Id Personality Jobs
Influencers thrive in environments where they can explore new things, engage with others, and learn through open discussion and brainstorming. They are well-suited to lead group conversations and describe a vision for other people to follow, and they are likely to feel stressed by an environment that has lots of rules and structure.
Common jobs for people with the DISC type Id personality
- Chief Marketing Officer
- Marketing Manager
- Marketing Director
- Sales Representative
- Director of Talent Acquisition
- Public Relations Director
- Public Relations Manager
DISC Type Id Personality Relationships (Professional)
When working alongside those who are more cautious and reserved, Influencers can offer creative thinking and new, innovative solutions. When working with another I-type, it is important for them to hold each other accountable to regularly making measurable progress.
DISC Type Id personality types tend to work well with others who...
- Listen to and value their ideas
- Take the time to get to know them
- Maintain a positive mindset
DISC Type Id personality types may hit obstacles in professional relationships when they...
- Fail to honor a consistent structure or routine important to a workplace
- Move on from a project before it’s finished
- Overwhelm others with their energy and surplus of ideas
DISC Type Id Personality Relationships (Romantic)
Influencers can be relaxed, positive partners. It is key for them to learn how to be more consistent and committed when in a relationship with a more reserved, loyal personality.
In a romantic relationship, the DISC type Id personality brings strengths like...
- Natural passion for spending time with others
- Attention and connection to their own emotions
- Desire to discuss problems and find a solution
In romantic relationships, DISC type Id personality types may have trouble...
- Being immediately, completely committed
- Planning ahead with their partner
- Patiently investing in a slow-building relationship
Related Personality Types
DISC Type Id Personality Slide Show
Click through the slides below to learn more about Ids: