People with the Cd personality type tend to be more serious in their demeanor and very logical in their thinking. They tend to be most comfortable with thoughtful, independent work, and may relate to others in a more distant and detached manner.
DISC Type Cd Personality Traits
With a position on the far left of the DISC, Skeptics typically maintain autonomy and strong control over their schedule. As their archetype suggestions, they are very likely to be skeptical when people or companies make a bold claim without data to back it up. Skeptics place a high value on efficiency, accuracy, and logic.
In summary, DISC type Cd personalities tend to...
- Seek personal space, privacy and autonomy.
- Steer clear of large group activities.
- Relate to others in an independent and detached manner.
- Build trust or reveal personal information more slowly than most people.
- Separate emotions from decision-making.
DISC Type Cd Personality Strengths
Every personality archetype has strengths and blind spots, and these are often amplified in professional settings where we often encounter a diverse group of people with vastly different backgrounds and value systems.
Strengths typically associated with the DISC type Cd personality include...
- Being straightforward, objective, and grounded in reality.
- Giving work assignments in writing and requests written feedback.
- Using an analytical approach to solving problems.
- Taking responsibility and ownership over results.
- Maintaining quality by asking questions frequently.
- Providing clearly defined procedures when giving assignments.
- Focusing on what needs to be done, by whom and by when.
- Developing others by specifying competency requirements and assessing performance.
DISC Type Cd Personality Weaknessess
Weaknessess typically associated with the DISC type Cd personality include...
- Avoiding or resisting people who do not use a systematic approach to organizing work.
- Doing important work him/herself to be sure it is done correctly.
- Being critical of people who don't meet his/her standards for quality and accuracy.
- Overcomplicating solutions to simple problems.
- Being uncomfortable with small talk, saving time but missing out on its relational benefits.
- Spending more time working alone when collaboration would be more effective.
- Seeking a perfect solution instead of a workable solution.
- Reacting aggressively when others try to limit authority or autonomy.
DISC Type Cd Personality Growth
Growth opportunities typically associated with the DISC type Cd personality include...
- Avoid criticizing others’ weaknesses so much by recognizing and appreciating some of their strengths.
- Find some appreciation for small-talk by understanding how it helps relax, encourage, and unite people.
- When time doesn’t permit you to continue pursuing other solutions, learn to settle for a workable, sometimes even temporary, solution.
- If you feel overwhelmed or challenged by another person, take some space to think and breathe; then come back to calmly and directly express your frustrations.
How DISC Type Cd personalities like to work
Communicating with a DISC type Cd personality
Use a direct, factual, and unemotional tone, providing literal and factual descriptions over colorful or embellished ones.
Meeting with a DISC type Cd personality
Meetings should be minimal, formally scheduled, and with a prepared agenda.
Emailing a DISC type Cd personality
Emails should be clear, detailed, and factual.
Giving feedback to a DISC type Cd personality
Feedback should be specific, detailed, and delivered with logical reasoning.
Resolving conflict with a DISC type Cd personality
Conflict is a useful way to discover truth and bring underlying issues to the surface, as long as emotions are kept out of it.
DISC Type Cd Personality Motivations
When people experience pain, stress, or dissatisfaction, it can usually be attributed to energy-draining activities. Therefore, it’s important to know what kinds of activities energize each personality type and which activities drain them.
DISC Type Cd personality types tend to be motivated and energized by...
- Creating procedures, rules, and guidelines for other people to follow.
- Developing more efficient processes.
- Taking primary ownership over processes and timelines.
- Spending a lot of time to research the root causes of a problem.
- When directing others, focuses on what needs to be done, by whom and by when.
- Solving problems with thorough analysis of the existing data.
- Working on projects independently and bringing results back to a group.
- Navigating large, complex systems.
- Helping others become more methodical and efficient in their processes.
DISC Type Cd Personality Stress
DISC Type Cd personality types tend to be drained by...
- Bouncing between multiple ideas at once.
- Collaborating regularly alongside other people at the expense of independence.
- Going on new adventures and pursuing abstract opportunities.
- Understanding and explaining the human impact of a big organizational decision.
- Explaining things with emotional, expressive language.
- Providing verbal encouragement and telling stories.
- Teaching, coaching, and advising other people.
- Participating in group discussions and brainstorming sessions.
- Displaying empathy when someone is dealing with an emotional situation.
DISC Type Cd Personality Careers
Skeptics tend to thrive in environments that are more formal, structured, and give them opportunities to build their skills.
DISC Type Cd personality types feel energized at work when...
- They are asked to find a way to improve the team’s efficiency.
- Their boss asks for their input.
- Their peers follow their clear, specific direction.
- Their direct reports work efficiently.
DISC Type Cd personality types feel drained at work when...
- They have to consider others’ feelings.
- Their boss is unproductive or overly emotional.
- Their peers ask too many personal questions
- Their direct reports need frequent reassurance.
DISC Type Cd Personality Jobs
Skeptics thrive in positions where they can work independently, find underlying problems, and make things more efficient. They are likely to be highly methodical in their work style and place a high value on accuracy and precision, so they tend to prefer environments that are more formal, structured, and give them opportunities to build their skills.
Common jobs for people with the DISC type Cd personality
- Project Manager
- Sales Operations Manager
- Chief Technology Officer
- Investment Analyst
- Software Developer
- Software Engineer
- Data Scientist
- Financial Analyst
- Systems Administrator
- Director of Engineering
DISC Type Cd Personality Relationships (Professional)
Skeptics can help those who are more people-oriented and empathetic make more logical, practical choices. When working with another C-type, it’s important that they remain open to new ideas that might be more beneficial for the team.
DISC Type Cd personality types tend to work well with others who...
- Address new situations with careful, logical thought
- Communicate primarily through written forms
- Are comfortable working independently
DISC Type Cd personality types may hit obstacles in professional relationships when they...
- Hold their coworkers to unreasonably high standards
- Are overly critical or harsh around others
- Neglect to build personal connections with others
DISC Type Cd Personality Relationships (Romantic)
Skeptics can be independent, direct partners. It is important for them to avoid withdrawing from others, especially when in a relationship with another conscientious personality.
In a romantic relationship, the DISC type Cd personality brings strengths like...
- Being able to take constructive criticism well
- Staying calm and logical in tense, emotional situations
- Ability to find the root cause of a problem
In romantic relationships, DISC type Cd personality types may have trouble...
- Remaining sensitive to their partner’s emotions
- Sharing verbal encouragement and affirmation
- Recognizing their partner’s needs
Related Personality Types
DISC Type Cd Personality Slide Show
Click through the slides below to learn more about Cds: