People with an enneagram type seven wing eight personality tend to identify most with the seven type, but share many attributes with the eight type, as well. They tend to be enthusiastic, determined, and protective in their behavior. They are generally more tough and work-oriented than other seven types.
Enneagram 7w8 Personality Traits
Seven with an eight wing fear being deprived. They want to pursue new opportunities and avoid being controlled by schedules.
Their basic desire is to content and satisfied. They love experiencing the world by traveling and going to parties.
Opportunists defend themselves by justifying others’ negative actions and rationalizing away bad feelings.
In summary, Enneagram 7w8 personalities tend to...
- Prioritize optimism and gratification
- Seek opportunity and experience
- Be afraid of missing out
- Love the company of others
- Justify negative actions and feelings
Enneagram 7w8 Strengths
Every personality archetype has strengths and blind spots, and these are often amplified in professional settings where we often encounter a diverse group of people with vastly different backgrounds and value systems.
Strengths that are typically associated with the Enneagram 7w8 personality include...
- Staying high-energy and positive
- Natural self-confidence and charisma
- Ability to assert themselves
- Remaining calm in situations of crisis
Enneagram 7w8 Weaknessess
Weaknessess that are typically associated with the Enneagram 7w8 personality include...
- Being perceived as impatient and blunt
- Focusing too heavily on career
- Difficulty following through on plans
- Tendency to focus on material items
How Enneagram 7w8 personalities like to work
Communicating with an Enneagram 7w8
Listen intently and allow sevens with an eight wing to feel free to express themselves; engage in conversation or debate.
Meeting with an Enneagram 7w8
Keep meetings upbeat and energetic while clearly communicating the purpose.
Emailing an Enneagram 7w8
Get right to the point of the matter and encourage them to share their thoughts and ideas.
Giving feedback to an Enneagram 7w8
Be direct when sharing feedback; give them specific ways to improve.
Resolving conflict with an Enneagram 7w8
Honestly express your perspective and listen closely to theirs; discuss and work together toward a compromise.
Enneagram 7w8 Motivations
When people experience pain, stress, or dissatisfaction at work, it can usually be attributed to energy-draining activities. Therefore, it’s important to know what kinds of activities energize each personality type and which activities drain them.
Enneagram 7w8s tend to be motivated and energized by...
- Experiencing new things in life
- Being the center of attention
- Accomplishing a goal at work
- Parties, traveling, concerts, celebrations, etc.
- Having strong, thriving relationships with others
Enneagram 7w8 Stress
Enneagram 7w8s tend to be stressed and drained by...
- Strict schedules or limits
- Spending too much time by themselves
- Feeling restrained or controlled
- Exerting energy in too many directions
- Unnecessary routine and pattern
Enneagram 7w8 Jobs
Sevens with an eight wing are level-headed and energetic. They are good multitaskers with a passion for exploration. They thrive in environments that grant them freedom and independence, while utilizing their practical mind.
Common jobs for people with Enneagram 7w8 personality types
- Motivational Speaker
- Travel Writer
- TV Anchor
- Sales Manager
- Travel Agent
Enneagram 7w8 Slide Show
Click through the slides below to learn more about Enneagram 7w8s: